Here are a few must-do things if your wife has put you in friendzone
It has happened all too often, you have been in a relationship or married for years, and suddenly your partner wants to be just friends. This can seem unexpected for many, and people struggle with the proper response. Let’s take a look at what this specifically means and how you can get out of the friend zone.
What Does This Mean?
- If your wife states that she just wants to be friends with you, it usually means that she no longer loves you like she used to. There are many possibilities; she may be attracted to another man or may just not see her future with you. This is often used to soften the transition towards separation.
However, this does not mean that your relationship is over. It is possible that her feelings can change, and once again, she can fall in love with you. It is possible to rekindle that love by triggering her emotions once again. Only you can do that.
What Should I Do?
- There are many things you can do, which can help you exit the dreaded friendzone. When your wife states she wants to be just friends, there are a few things you should try to avoid doing, as it may worsen the situation.
What Not To Do
- Do not try to pursue her further, it seems a bit desperate, and it may backfire. Simple acts as telling her loving things, buying gifts, and other romantic activities may just make her want more space away from you.
- When your wife states that she wishes to be friends, it is a mistake if you tell her to want more from your relationship; regardless of how you may feel, she doesn’t feel the same way. It is essential that you don’t reject her offer, as that may cause her to reject you further.
What Are The Proper Steps To Exit The Friendzone
- The first step and the most important step is to accept her request to be friends. It may even help if you admit that you miss your marriage’s friendship aspect, and if she doesn’t have more feelings, you will gladly just be her friend.
Doing this helps to relax her and prevents her from cutting all contact. You can then help build a stronger friendship, trust, and she may even have feelings again for you.
- If you truly want to get back with your wife, it is important not to date others even if she is, as that may damage the love you feel for your wife and lower the chances of her coming back to you.
Use the newfound friendship to help you rebuild trust and connection. Some easy ways to rekindle that fire are:
- Before you got married, do those fun things you used to do, for example, go shopping, a concert or a picnic.
- When you do things for her, make sure you are doing it just because you are friends and not because you are married. Just try to help her out a bit but not too much as right now you are just friends.
- Ask her what she’s been up to, how she is doing, and if she has any new hobbies. Have a conversation with her just like you would with any other friend.
- If you do touch her, make sure it’s not in a loving way, instead of in a casual and friendly way such as a pat on the back if she looks lonely.
Just because your wife says she wants to be friends does not mean your relationship is over forever. Slowly and by following the proper steps, you may be able to rekindle those feelings she once had for you. If not, then you have to live with this fact and move on with life. Acting desperate or rash will not help the situation at all.