Stuck in the dreaded zone? Here are some ways to help you escape the friend zone
Friend zone is a dreaded place for one to be stuck in. It is worse than a flat out rejection or a breakup. Being stuck in the friend zone means the person you love does not reciprocate your romantic feelings, rather considers you just a friend. Being friend-zoned will take you to places you never dreamed of going.
For e.g. you will always lend your unwavering support to the person you love without asking anything in return. You will lend them emotional support and end up resolving their romantic dilemmas, but would never dare to express your feelings or seek comfort from them in return.
Being stuck in the friend zone takes a toll on your self-esteem and does not allow you to move ahead with your life. So we say enough is enough. Learn these 5 valuable lessons to escape the friend zone and be with the person of your dreams.
Quit Being a Doormat
- You got friend-zoned because the person you love never saw you as anything more than a friend who is way too nice. Whereas you thought that being too nice would get you your crush’s attention and love, the harsh truth is you ended being a doormat for him/her.
Quit being too nice and let the special someone and the world see a different side of you. Work on yourself, gain some perspective, become self-sufficient, and confident. While kindness is a highly desirable and appreciative trait, just being too nice won’t get you anywhere in life.
Be your Authentic Self
- When we are trying to win over someone, we tend to come across as too hard. We are so preoccupied with presenting the best version of ourselves, that we forget to be the authentic version of ourselves. Others can see right through it and it can be a turn-off.
Focus on establishing a genuine connection with the person of interest instead of appearing a supposedly best yet fake version of yourself.
Focus on Self Improvement and Self Love
- Being in a friend zone can take a toll on your self-esteem. You may start to believe that you are not good, smart, pretty, or funny enough. These emotions can make you feel underconfident and can suck away all positivity from your life.
If you are not at peace and in harmony with your inner self, it will reflect on the outside. Your love interest will not pay you the attention you deserve. To become more attractive and desirable, focus on self-improvement and self-love. It will automatically translate into a more attractive outer self.
The following steps can help you in becoming a better version of yourself and shine brighter:
- Let go of negativity and focus on the positive aspects of life. Inner positivity reflects on a person’s entire persona.
- Take care of your physical well being. Exercise and eat properly to be healthier and fitter.
- Pursue a hobby you had been wanting to pursue for a long time but didn’t have enough motivation to do so. It will help you gain perspective.
Make Your Presence Valued
As the going says: absence makes the heart grow fonder. To make your presence felt and valued, it is essential that you should not be available all the time. All relationships are social exchanges. If you are giving, you should get something in return as well.
If you are stuck in the friend zone, then you are the one who is on the giving side. To escape the friend zone, turn the tables and stop giving all the time. Learn to be on the receiving side as well.