Are you afraid you don’t make the cut? Here are telltale signs you’re in the friend-zone of your crush
Unfortunately, there are instances in life where you fall for people who do not reciprocate the same feelings as yours. Being nothing more than just a good friend can be off-putting. It can often lead to some complicated feelings and emotions.
Figuring out if you’re in the friendzone or whether there’s room for the relationship to progress? It’s a tough dilemma. But that’s why you’re here. Here are some of the signs that will help you indicate whether you might be in the friendzone.
They Talk About Romantic Interests
- If someone’s interested in you romantically, they’ll be sure not to express their interest in others to you. That being the case, if your crush discusses people they are dating or find attractive, that might be a clear sign that you’re just a friend.
At times your crush might not be even aware of your feelings. But you are their friend, and friends commonly discuss relationships with each other.
They Don’t Make Any Effort.
Appearing causal is one of the most prominent signs of being in the friendzone. Being comfortable around one another is excellent. But too much of anything is always a problem. Notable pointers of them being slothful are:
- Appearance: Always being in their sweatpants
- Attitude: Keeping their house messy
- Actions: Asking to borrow money without feeling inferior
If your crush is willing to let you see her like this, she is not making efforts to attract you. A little amount of effort is always appreciated. Someone interested in you will always put their A-game on and make sure to look their best.
Hooking You Up With Others
- There’s something always about friends wanting their friends to date each other. Always vouching for what a fantastic human being you are is amongst the everyday things they do. Frequent attempts at setting you up with other people is a red flag up high, your crush is simply not interested in you.
According to Bustle, if they enjoy playing the role of being the perfect matchmaker for you, you’re clearly in the friend zone. If they romantically like you, they wouldn’t try hooking you up with others, instead, they would simply try to go out with you.
Dodging opportunities for intimacy
- Do they avoid all opportunities to get things intimate and intense? If yes, there’s your answer. Hoping your affection to be reciprocated can be a real torture. But you’ve got to agree with yourself that it always takes two to tango.
Intimacy needs to come from both ends. A romantic relationship without intimacy is like bread without butter. Be a good friend by respecting their stance. Know when it’s time to call quits and move on.
Asks for your Advice
- Asking for your advice on what the gender of the opposite sex prefers undoubtedly means that they have their eyes set on someone. They want your advice so that they can do something to make their crush notice them. This is another sign that they are far from considering you as their potential mate.
Ask yourself, are you in the friendzone? And if you’re not sure you can always let the other person know about your feelings. The max they’ll do is turn you down. Big deal, who doesn’t want another friend? Respecting, the other person’s stance is key here.
If you’re dead serious about turning her friendly feelings into romantic ones, check out the Friendzone plan.