Ever wonder why you always end up getting friendzoned? Here’s a brilliant answer
You have spent much of your life wondering why you have always been perceived as a good friend but not a potential romantic partner. There have been numerous times when you were having a lovely time with your crush and all was going well.
You leaned in for a romantic goodbye kiss when a fireball was thrown your way: “Thanks for the lovely dinner. I have always considered you such a good FRIEND.”
In an instant, you know that your chances of scoring with the girl of your dreams are over. Your crush perceives you as nothing more than a friend. Hence, you have been friendzoned. If this a repeated occurrence and the same story plays out every time, then you should know that you must be consistently repeating some mistakes.
Let us take a look at what those mistakes might be and how to rectify them.
You Don’t Reveal Your True Feelings
- You have never confessed your true feelings out of fear of rejection. While we understand this is a legitimate fear, there is nothing wrong with taking it slow, but showing completely asexual behavior towards your crush will hurt your chances of being in a relationship with them ever.
You should learn to playfully flirt with your crush and compliment her every now and then. This will make them wonder if you see them as more than just friends. Sending out the signal is important for the receiver to interpret and act upon it.
Your Crush Doesn’t Want to Jeopardize Your Friendship
- Another reason why you consistently find yourself in the friendzone is that your crush doesn’t want to jeopardize the friendship they share with you by acting upon their feelings. Whereas some of the best romantic relationships begin with ‘friends first, lovers later’, the transition phase can be quite awkward.
On top of that, there is the nagging fear if the relationship does not work out then both of you will end up losing a wonderful friend. If this is the case, then you need to step up and assure that no matter what, you will always be great friends. But you should also give love a try.
You Missed Your Chance Because You Waited Too Long
The attraction you felt for your crush was instantaneous but you didn’t make a move straightaway. Instead, you waited for the appropriate time to confess your feelings. As it turns out, you waited too long to make a move. Either of the two things may have happened in between the time you waited:
- They developed romantic feelings for someone else.
- Due to the lack of romantic overtures from your side, they moved on and started considering you a good friend only.
If you are not forthcoming about your feelings from the start, then there is a chance that you may lose the opportunity forever and get placed as ‘just friends’.
They May Not Be Attracted To You Instantly
- Let us not forget the very basic rule of a romantic relationship which is attraction. It is possible that your crush may not be attracted to you instantly. If they are not attracted romantically, they will see you as just a good friend.
However, this is not the end of the world. In most cases, people win over other people through their wit, charm, humor, kindness, and love. At the same time, you should not forget that if it is not meant to be, it won’t happen. So learn to be realistic and move on when things don’t work out your way.